This page is also available in: Melayu (Malay)
Understand the Jurisdictions Setup Requirement Before Proceed Your Register Company in Ghana
A Country Rich in Diversity, There’s Opportunity for Everyone
Automotive, manufacturing and more, explore the reasons why the decision to register a company in Ghana could be your best decision yet.
The middle-class population in Ghana is rapidly rising. It has contributed significantly to the country’s growth in recent years. With the Government consistently addressing the need for better infrastructure, there are several reasons why this country is a right investment decision.
Why Set Up Business in Ghana
When thinking about the prospects moving forward, to register a company in Ghana is an opportunity not to be missed. With the Government actively regulating the environment, you can rest assured this is a safe and secure place to start your business. Moreover, Ghana has experienced high growth in its GDP over the last few years. This growth is an indication of how prudent the local authorities are in managing its macroeconomic environment.
Ghana is home to several top-performing sectors that include real estate, services, financial services, telecommunications, and industrial. Most of the country’s GDP growth can be attributed to its resources. It was also among the reasons why Ghana is among the fastest-growing economies in 2011.
How to Register Company in Ghana
The company incorporation process in Ghana involves the following steps:
- Step 1: You will need to complete your company name search. It can be done at the Registrar General’s Department (RGD). This step occurs before applying for your registration. It would help if you were sure that your intended company name is indeed available for use. Your business name should be meaningful and relevant. It should also be distinctive and unique. Avoid names that are like existing names of businesses already based in Ghana.
- Step 2: You should apply for your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). All company directors, shareholders and secretary should do it as well. The Ghana Revenue Authority provides this service free of charge. Your TIN number will be available within 24 to 28 hours.
- Step 3: You will need to download and complete Form 3 (Returns of Particulars of the company limited by shares registration form). You will also need to download and complete Form 4 for company registration and the regulations of a private company limited by shares. All companies must have at least two directors and a secretary per the Companies Act 179.
- Step 4: You will then need to register for your Digital Address System.
- Step 5: Make a payment of the business incorporation and stamp duty fees.
- Step 6: Collect your business registration certificate.
Want to Register a Company in Ghana?
Enlist the help of 3E Accounting, the most trusted resource among clients from around the world when it comes to all things incorporation. Leverage on the years of experience our professionals have for the benefit of your business. For more information on our Ghana company incorporation services, contact us today.