This page is also available in: Melayu (Malay)
Name Search for Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) in Malaysia
Name of Limited Liability Partnership
- The name of a limited liability partnership shall end with the words “Perkongsian Liabiliti Terhad” or the abbreviation “PLT”.
- Except with the consent of the Minister, a limited liability partnership shall not be registered under a name that in the opinion of the Registrar is-
- identical to an existing body corporate or business;
- identical to a name that is being reserved under this Act or the companies Act 1965; or
- a name of a kind that the Minister has directed the Registrar not to accept for registration.
Having your proposed name in mind?
Fill up your proposed names in LLP Setup Form and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will check the availability of the proposed LLP name and revert to you within 24 hours
You can also check the availability of your proposed name vide MyLLP Customer Portal
- Sign up for My LLP Customer Portal
- Fill in the “Registration Form“, then submit
(Note: Some Users will be automatically approved, others will be required to attend an SSM office to verify their identity and credentials.)
- Activate account as instructions in the activation e-mail
- Login with your user name & password
- Once successful login, click on the tab “Check LLP Name Availability”
- Enter the name and click Search
- The system will then check if there are any similar names or whether the name contains words or characters that are not allowed or words that require Ministerial Approval. However, the final result will be determined by the SSM on examination of a Reserve Name or LLP Registration submission
Should you have any issues and ambiguities about LLP, please email us at email@example.com and we will promptly reply within 24 hours.