This post is also available in: Melayu (Malay) 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))
Type Of Expatriates in Malaysia
Expatriates refer to foreigners who are qualified to fulfill the following positions:
1. Key Post
- Top Managerial Post of a foreign owned company operating in Malaysia.
- Responsible for looking after the company’s interests and investments.
- Responsible for determining the company’s policies and goals.
2. Executive Post
- Professional/Middle Managerial Post.
- Required academic and working experience, practical skills related to the respective jobs.
- Responsible for implementing the company’s policies and supervision toward the junior staff.
3. Non-Executive Post
- Highly skilled
- Require working experience and technical skills related to the respective jobs.
Generally, there are two stages in the employment of expatriates:
- Application for an expatriate post from relevant authorised bodies determined by the nature of the business.
- Upon approval of the expatriate posts by the approving bodies, the company must submit an application to the Immigration Department for endorsement of the employment pass.
Visa Requirements in Malaysia
Passes Requirements in Malaysia
Employment of Expatriates in Malaysia
Summary of Immigration Process
Company’s Paid Up Capital Requirements for Employment of Expatriate
Requirements to Apply for Expatriate Employment Pass
Approvals Required from Agencies/ Regulatory Bodies for Employment Pass Application
List of Positions Not Applicable for Expatriate Positions