Tax Filing Programmes for Income Tax Return in the Year 2016
The Inland Revenue Board has issued a filing programme for Income Tax Return Forms in the year 2016.
Here’s some quick information for tax payers.
What’s my deadline for filing taxes? Which form do I fill?
- 30 April 2017 for individuals without business source. You fill up Borang BE.
- 30 June 2017 for individuals with business source. You fill up Borang B.
- 30 June 2017 for partnership. You fill up Borang P.
What do I need to prepare before filing my taxes?
- Form EA/EC: from your employer which tells you how much you have earned and how much tax they have paid on your behalf.
- Borang BE or B? : Your source of income will determine which form you have to fill up. You can now also do this online at hasil.gov.my.
Is there any grace period?
According to the IRB’s 2016 Filing Programme, a grace period until 30 April 2017 is granted for e-Filing of the Employer’s Returm of Remuneration for normal filing. Grace period is given until 15 May 2017 for the e-Filing of Form BE (Form e-BE) for Year of Assessment 2016. Also,for tax returns submitted using the IRB’s e-Filing system, a further 15-days grace period from the official due dates of submission as stated above, is granted. This grace period also applies to payment of the balance of tax. If an income tax return is filed via post, a grace period of 3 working days is granted. However, there is NO grace period for filing by hand.
The Inland Revenue Board has issued a filing programme for Income Tax Return Forms in the year 2016 on their website. You can always learn about the types and categories of forms, schedule of submission from the official website.