This page is also available in: Melayu (Malay)
Register Company in Ireland
Why Register a Company in Ireland?
Ireland is not just an island nation located to the north-west of continental Europe, but the European investment hot spot. In fact, Ireland is rising as another economy powerhouse of EU where it has attracted some of the global top players like Microsoft, Pfizer, Abbott, Intel and so on to operate in the country.
As the member of the European Union and the Eurozone, Ireland has gained its traction as one of the preferred investment revenue for foreign investors because companies in the Eurozone are not exposed to currency fluctuations when trading in the Eurozone. Hence, many people see Ireland as the ideal country to expand their business portfolio.
How to Register a Company in Ireland?
The business-friendly environment in Ireland has prompted many foreign investors to setup their company in the country. The Companies Registration Office (CRO) in Ireland handles the official company registration in the country.
Here is the quick tutorial of how to register a company in Ireland.
Decide the business types:
The following business entities are available for incorporation in Ireland:
- Private Company Limited by Shares (LTD)
- Designated Activity Company (DAC)
- Company Limited by Guarantee (Non-Profit Company)
- Unlimited Company
- Limited Partnership (LP)
- Public Limited Company (PLC)
Name the business:
Do a name search of the proposed company name to make sure its availability and acceptability
Choose directors and a company secretary:
- All companies must have a minimum of two directors and one secretary (who can be one of the directors)
- One of the directors must be a permanent member of the EU
The new company model (which includes limited companies registered under Part 2 Companies Act 2014) is exempted from this rule (Companies are allowed to have just one director with a separate secretary)
Prepare necessary documents:
The following documents have to be submitted with the Trade Register in Ireland:
- The memorandum and articles of association of the company,
- The list of shareholders, directors and secretary of the company,
- The statement of the authorized and issued share capital of the company
- A statement of the company’s registered office (a valid Irish address is required),
- A statement of the business activities and its location. (Please note that the list must be submitted with the Trade Register through a statutory notice)
Register for tax:
Register the company for taxation with the Revenue Commissioners.
Once your company is incorporated, the Company Bureau will Prepare, Draft and Issue the Share Certificates of the Company as well as the rest of the corporate documentation for your company registration in Ireland.
On a final note
The geographic location, interconnected transportation as well as the membership of the EU and Euro have further cemented Ireland’s position as one of the most open and globally connected countries in the world. Many view Ireland as an important base for accessing world markets. If you are scouting for the ideal country to expand your business globally, Ireland has lots to offer.
For request of quotation and more information about Register Company in Ireland, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly reply within 24 hours.